5 EASY TIPS TO ROCK YOUR BRIDAL STYLE | HOUMA, LA WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER
1. The Dress - Long train, strapless, lace, tulle.. No matter what your taste finding the right dress can be a process. First, set yourself a budget and try to start shopping at least 9 months or more ahead. That way it leaves room for those possible needed alterations and you’ll have it just in time for your pre-bridal session. You can also use social media to find the perfect gown. Just ask your photographer and they’ll be sure to know some vendors to send you to for that perfect wedding day look. This part is tons of fun.. so grab a bottle of champagne and bring your girls to cheer you on. Let’s play dress-up!
2. Let’s get some Shoes - I truly believe the more simple the better. It’s amazing what a pair of cute flats can not only do for your feet but your budget as well! Most bridal parties end up kicking off their shoes once the dancing begins and flats make a beautiful and easy slip on for your big night of dancing and fun.
3. It’s all in the Details - Make sure to book those appointments ahead of time. No one wants to miss out on their dream hairdresser, makeup artist, photographer, and planner. So once you’ve started planning your wedding make sure to reach out to your favorites and lock them down right away. There are plenty of websites used for finding bands and other vendors. And any vendor you work with likely has great contacts to send your way. We have package with a hair and makeup team included and have all the hottest wedding bands and djs on speed dial! Don’t be afraid to ask for help. Wedding planning is fun and your friends and family (as well as us) would love to help you any way we can.
4. Something borrowed, blue, old, and new - Tradition goes these are the four good-luck objects on your wedding day. However, people are taking new spins on their wedding days and ditching some of the old wives tales. My personal favorite is a good “first look”. This gives you and your fiance' time before the ceremony to surprise each other with a first glimpse at each other and gives you intimate time together before you commit your love to one another and seal it with a kiss. It also makes for stunning photographs to remember one of the absolute best days of your lives, We love to include parents and/or family members in these as well as we usually get buckets of tears and so much emotion and surprise. Bring your own good luck charm if you choose and watch your day go off without a hitch.
5. Flowers Flowers Flowers - My absolute favorite detail of them all! Whether you’re a diy-er or you’d rather let someone else take the reigns there are so many options when it comes to wedding day florals. My personal favorite floral company is #AntiguaFloral based out of New Orleans, Louisiana. You can find their website here . They make stunning bouquets, centerpieces, and beyond. The way Sara puts colors and blooms together to create a masterpiece blows my mind. Another favorite company near and dear to my heart (we both value the happiness a memory can bring) is a gal named Lauren Landry who goes by the name of “Flowergirlgrown” via instagram. Lauren does such a unique job preserving wedding flowers following your big day. Her work is beyond impressive and she is definitely worth looking into if you’d love something gorgeous to hang on your walls in memory of your beautiful bridal look! She also makes bouquets as well. So be sure to give both of these companies a try for your wedding day or florals for any event!
Your wedding day is truly about you and your spouse. Whether you're eloping or having a big party with family and friends just remember to make YOU & YOUR PARTNER happy and the rest will fall into place. Good luck! And congratulations on your wedding! Let’s Party!
Frye Imaging offers a wide variety of wedding packages.. Near and far. We would love to customize one just for you to meet your wedding day goals. You may contact us and view our portfolio here.